Sunday 17 April 2016

My Mother's Death

III.XXIII.LIX (March 23, 59 CE)
Dear Diary,

Since this marks the start of me keeping track of the truly important parts of my life, I shall begin with an introduction. I’m the emperor of Rome. I enjoy my lifestyle, the riches, the fame and the POWER! I have a fascination of the arts. My favorite form of the arts is singing, as well as acting on a stage. I’m also a competitive person, I have recently ordered there be athletic games to be held once every five years. I like riding the chariot in these games, as I like to be athletic once in a while. Oh by the way my name is Nero Claudius Caesar. I also have a huge hatred for that despicable underground occult that they call a religion, Christianity, I mean come on, what kind of name is Christianity anyway?! 

Well coming back to what happened today, I am certainly very confused with all that’s happening. Today my mother was killed and I seem to be held responsible for it. Well to be fair, I am. But I have a very valid reason. After years of threatening my power, I had to send my assassins to kill my mother. She has exerted her control in all aspects of my life and I wanted it all to end. From threatening me to end my affair with the former slave, Claudia Acte, to championing Britannicus as emperor. She has done nothing but try to diminish my power. The most recent atrocity that she has committed is trying to get my people to rebel against me! I had to kill her!

According to my assassins, supposedly her last words were “stab me in the womb". I have no remorse. The only wish I have, is that I had done it myself instead. Now that she is gone I can live freely and lead Rome in the direction that I want. I can pursue the arts and I can finally live the lavish life that my mother looked down upon because the only thing that was important to her was that I focused on staying in power.

If I had not made this decision, she would have destroyed everything in my life. She would have sabotaged my rule and even go as far as having me exiled or killed. I did the right thing. 


Nero Claudius Caesar

No comments:

Post a Comment